Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"I'll meet Chibok girls' parents, Johnathan promises Malala" - Punch Online

Malala Yousafzai and President Goodluck Jonathan.
I just found this annoying headline on twitter posted by Punch and I decided to read it out of mere curiosity. Reading the full story even got me more angry. I haven't really been following this story because I got tired and gave up just like many other Nigerians have done over this Chibok girls' issue. I can't believe that the president is only considering meeting the Chibok girls' parents after Malala's visit.
GEJ also promised that the girls will return soon (story of my life) and will be sent abroad to study on scholarship. Sending the girls abroad to study on scholarship is a commendable gesture on the part of the president. However, I think it shows a lack of confidence in our education system. It further indicates that the education system lacks the ability to equip Nigerians with the knowledge they need for self-development.

Finally, it emphasizes the notion that Nigerian schools are not safe for Nigerians and therefore we should all go abroad to study. And on that note I ask, what happens to those who cannot afford the luxury of studying abroad? Anyway, I don't do politics. I am simply commenting about something I read. Remain happy and spread happiness around. Xoxo.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not hear him saying it will stop. So they get the girls back and Shekau kidnaps more. Then what? He did not even talk about the trauma the girls will be undergoing right now. To think he has not met the parents??? I cannot shout-Newyorker