Wednesday, July 16, 2014

GEJ solicits for funds to combat Boko Haram insurgents


In the latest news, president Johnathan is soliciting for a loan of $1 billion to fight Boko Haram insurgents. The president asked the House of Reps members to approve a request for an external loan of $1 billion in a letter read this morning in the house. Apparently, the money is needed for the upgrade of the equipment of the Armed Forces in their continued effort to get rid of the Boko Haram.

What do I know about upgrade of Armed Forces equipment? All I know is that $1 billion is about N165 billion and that is a lot of money. Just like every average Nigerian, I hope that this money serves the purpose it should serve. He can loan all the money he wants as long as it is used to stop this Boko Haram madness.
However, if the money is used for something else, that will be a real shame. I hope that for the sanity of Nigerians, this money if approved is used for the stated purpose and not campaign. Once again, I don't do politics. I am simply commenting on a matter that caught my attention and concerns me.
Remain happy and enjoy the rest of your day happy people

No comments: