Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day seven arrives for a group of robbers in Ibadan

The-suspects1
You know the old saying, six days for the thief and one day for the owner? The seventh day is always the bad day for the thief - a day they never anticipate arriving. The group of robbers (pictured above) have been terrorizing their victims in Ibadan until their recent arrest. I often wonder why people especially armed robbers only feel regret after they are caught.

Here is what some of them had to say to newsmen as reported by Vanguard: "I don’t rob on Fridays and during Ramadan. I use those periods to pray to God to forgive me my sins. I know what I was doing was wrong but it was difficult for me to break away from it". At least he knows that robbing people of their belongings is a sin but why he kept on doing it till he was caught is a different subject. I think every criminal will tell all sorts of sorry stories in attempt to get sympathy from people but they surely don't deserve any.
Another one said, “How can I commit two sins at the same time? I cannot rob and kill at the same time. It is unfair to rob someone of his belongings and kill him. We don’t even rape our victims”. Interesting I would say. So not raping or killing your victim compensates for robbing them then? I really don't like listening to what criminals have to say because they never mean it. If these ones are released today, they'll go back to their acts. Anyway, remain happy and spread happiness around. xoxo


Photo credit: Vanguard

No comments: