Thursday, July 17, 2014

"I got married at gun point" - Man tells a girl he deceived

Happy people, I am actually sick and haven't been able to think. However, an unpleasant phone call just inspired me to write this story. I don't know why a right thinking man will want to mistreat a lady and then ask to talk about it. I hope this alerts men to the things they do and the ladies, I hope it helps you deal with mistreatment. Enjoy! 
Can we talk? What exactly should we talk about? This is just me having an interior monologue after an unpleasant phone call. Here is the thing; you decide on your own that you are going to convince a lady to have a relationship with you. You set out on that mission and you succeed not because the lady is a fool but because she decides to give you a chance. You profess love to her with supposed sincerity while you know that you are just telling lies. About two months after the girl says “yes”, you put up a picture of you standing beside a lady in a white dress. She looks at the picture several times and tries to convince herself that she is dreaming. After she wakes up, you call her and say “we need to talk”. Seriously? What is there to talk about? Why do people do this?

Maybe you want to try and convince her that the picture is not real. Oh! Better still, you want to tell her that you got married at gun point. Whatever your flimsy excuse is, one thing is a given – you didn’t just meet the girl you married. So if she has always been there, why did you need someone else? My friend told me the other day that her ex who did the same told her that he was forced to marry the girl and that he loves her more than the woman he married (yeah right). What an excuse for a man! He even begged her to remain his side chick. My simple comment to a girl who would agree to such a preposterous request is that she lacks self-esteem and doesn’t know her worth. He clearly believes that all you are worth is his toy and your refusal will prove otherwise.
As a woman you have the sole responsibility to know your worth. It is only when you know your worth that you are able to place an excuse for a man where he belongs – in your garbage. You don’t even need to talk about anything because he has nothing to say. A woman with class surely doesn’t have time for such things. When I talk to conventional men, they say I am too proud and wouldn’t find an African man (maybe they mean boy). They call it pride but I simply call it class. And yes I may not find an African boy but I am sure there are African men who understand what being a real man entails. If you ever experience this unfortunate ordeal, don’t over think it. It’s simply good riddance to bad rubbish.

Remain happy and spread happiness around. Xoxo.    

No comments: