Friday, July 11, 2014

"I Can't Stand My Wife Working With Other Men" - Man tells his would be wife.

My friend and I had an interesting chat over lunch the other day. As ladies it is normal that we talk about men, relationship and career. Anyway, I enjoyed the entire conversation as I listened to her tell me about her dreams and aspirations career wise. She told me about how she hopes to transform her business into an international brand. I was simply amazed and inspired by all she had to say.

However, my excitement was cut short when she told me about her relationship dilemma. According to her, the guy she is dating wants her to be a full house wife because he says he can’t stand his wife working. He assures her that he will do all he can to provide for her while she stays at home to take care of him and his kids. I was shocked and at the same time disgusted – that a man in this day and age would ask that of a woman. I just could not comprehend it. Firstly, why would a man want a woman to be a housewife? I know some people come up with excuses such as; ‘I want my wife to spend time with my kids’. But why can’t a man be the one to quit his job and take care of the kids too?
I think it is very selfish for a man to ask a woman to stay at home and give up her dreams and aspirations just in the name of marriage. Don’t misunderstand me, if a woman decides to do this on her own, it is just perfect (though I don’t know why a person would choose that). However, if a man or so called husband persuades her to, then it is totally wrong. I think men who force their wives to be housewives have ego problems and are simply insecure. They are scared about having a strong woman as a wife and are simply looking for someone they can control. It pleases them to know that a woman is at home as a kept property and makes them feel in control. If you are a lady, having your own job and being able to support your husband around the house earns you the respect you deserve. So think before you act.


Written by Ann B. for HUB 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Courtship is not the time for sex but for serious talk. Life is a trade-off. If she does not mind giving up her dreams, then she will be fine. A man will push the limit if given the chance. It is a woman's job to say no. Anyway if he can't stand you working with men, he should stop working with women too? If he is controlling now, he will be worst 5years into the marriage. He probably cheats and is afraid of what he does to other women. Anyway what is my own? (Back to sipping ice-tea with Kermit on a hot afternoon)- Newyorker

Anonymous said...

That is so true! As for me, I think the man is simply insecure finish n klaar