Thursday, June 26, 2014

Loving the imperfect person perfectly

Today’s story is a beautiful love story I could not help telling because we all need to be reminded of the beautiful side of love. I write in first person narrative so some of these stories are not necessarily mine (not saying this one is or isn't though). Anyway, if you are in love or have ever been in love, this is for you. If you've never been in love, love is a beautiful thing. Enjoy!

It’s a year already and it feels like only yesterday when we just met. I can’t believe we made it this far. It all started with a simple “can we be more than friends?” which he said after we had been just friends for a while. Saying ‘yes’ was the best thing I ever did because this has been the best months of my life.

It’s in everything he does, the way he makes me feel when I am with him. It’s also the way he makes me want him when I am not with him. I feel like love could never feel so good. I am even blushing as I write this; that is the effect he has on me. Oh no, the relationship hasn’t been all rosy because we are not perfect. However, we see perfection in our imperfection and that is how we keep the fire of our love burning.
We have our challenges from different angles, mine from my over protective twin sister who thinks he is not good enough for me. I don’t blame her though, she is simply expressing her love for me and I appreciate that but I wish she could just see what I see in this man. I have hope that she will understand some day when she finally meets that great guy. Everyone thinks I am crazy; I think they are right, the feeling I have for this guy drives me crazy! I look forward to seeing him each time we are apart and I simply adore him. I know he adores me the same way I adore him if not even more.
Love is something everyone should give anything to feel because it is simply amazing. NO relationship is perfect and we are definitely not the perfect couple. The truth is that love is about two hearts finding a way to keep the fire of their love burning like my favorite Michael Bolton track says. So if you want to enjoy your relationship, you have to put in the work, work with your partner and make it succeed. Just like every other thing in life, relationships require a lot of hard work. You need to continue to rediscover each other with every passing day so you don’t get bored. Finally, love him or her for his/her inner beauty because that doesn’t wither. I wish you lovers out there all the best.
Don’t forget to remain happy and spread happiness. Xoxo.


Photo credit: www.flu.hu

1 comment: