Sunday, June 15, 2014

In the spirit of father's day - A daughter's ODE to her Father.


We often tend to forget or ignore the roles of fathers in our lives because the role of mothers overshadows them. Fathers are often regarded as being just sperm donors, although some of them embody that (tongue out). Anyway, they still play important roles besides being sperm donors and I am sure most of us share the sentiments of this daughter. Happy father's day. Someone sent me this to share. Enjoy....

An ODE to My Father
My Father was born in Umuakagu Nsu, Ehime Mbano
Local Govt. Area of IMO State, to the Nwaneho Amucha- Dimagu family. He grew up with his mother, father and five siblings. My father went to school in Imo state but gave up his education for his siblings to progress academically.
My father grew up in a Nigeria were his parents had little which in turn exposed him to aspire for little but that didn't stop him from trying to succeed amidst his adversities.
My father is passionate. My father is kind. My father is humble, sincere and nice. He might have a battalion of kids, as we are five in number but he is the father of all nations, with a very big heart.
I'm not going to lie, my father's upbringing has a great effect on the way he views the world and he has very strong opinions towards our dreams and aspirations, which we don't always agree with.
But my father made me, and from my father I inherit the belief for compassion. From my father, I inherit the conviction for humility and passion. From my father, I inherit the condemnation for anger. From my father, I possess indignation for iniquity. From my father, I am intrinsic with a spirit of tenacity and forgiveness. From my father, I am compelled to be assiduous. From my father, I have become resilient and conscientious. From my father I have learned to be accountable for my actions and transgressions. From my father, I am driven and motivated to succeed. From my father, failure is never an option. I AM MY FATHER's DAUGHTER.
And although you have no male off springs to take over your name, we see through your eyes that we your daughter's are enough. And we would continue to grow and infect the world with your exemplary qualities. We would strive to surpass your achievements. We would grow to inspire generations to know that our DREAMS are LIMITLESS, that our DREAMS are BOUNDLESS, and that our DREAMS are ACHIEVABLE. And so on this Father’s Day, as we celebrate Our Father and all Fathers all over the world, we embrace your strength, we embrace your unconditional love to us and we embrace your unwavering devotion to our emotions and upbringing even when the means aren't enough.


HAPPY FATHERS DAY
OLIVER FRANCIS NWANEHO
CHIEF ONONUBE on’t forget to remain happy and spread happiness. Xoxo.


No comments: