Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Don't be defined by your past

We all have those moments in life where that little voice in our heads tells us that we can't do it. Just like the woman in this picture, getting rid of that voice makes you feel free and happy. This article is for your reading pleasure. Enjoy!
Go forward or stand still rather than go backwards
I am one person who strongly believes that where I am coming from has nothing to do with where I am headed in life. And by that I mean that my past has nothing to do with my present or future. Few days ago I had an interesting conversation with this young boy and the things he told me were both sad and inspiring. Mistakes in life are inevitable and there are things that we simply cannot change.

However, how we deal with such things determine our purpose in life. Most of us often live in fear of failure. We are so afraid of failing that we don’t even attempt anything. It’s ok to fail. Failing isn’t as much of a problem as how you handle failure. It is the determination to do better next time that matters. Yes there are hiccups in life here and there but the most important thing is not looking backwards but looking ahead. It is even much better to stand still than to take a step backwards.
I found myself in a situation that I thought there was no way out of at one time. I even contemplated giving up everything, life seemed so bleak and I felt I couldn’t do anything else but to just give up on life. With the help of people who truly love me, I got rid of that little voice inside my heard that kept saying I couldn’t do it. I appreciate the friends in my life that put me back into perspective because who knows; maybe I would have done something irreversible. So it is important to seek out true friends in such circumstances. Talking really helps more than you can imagine. Keeping everything inside can really drive you crazy and make you think of ridiculous things that you shouldn’t think of. But if you surround yourself with positive thinking and true friends, you simply let go of negative thoughts.

From me to you: you have the power over everything in your life and that includes your circumstance. Remain happy and thanks for reading. xoxo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama named you right. Happy n beautiful-newyorker

Anonymous said...

Well thought out, well done

Sammie Tosin...... said...

Happy Dear you are one person i cherished and saw a beautiful personality in right from the days of your little stay in superscreen tv you know i always tell you i love you.Yes sincerely for your doggedness and creativity of cos the sky is your taking point i hope to see you someday you're loved and blessed....SAMMIE TOSIN..

kene said...

nice one. i m proud of you, happy... God bless

Unknown said...

Lovely, Keep it up gal.

Unknown said...

Lovely, Keep it up gal.