Thursday, August 28, 2014

New case of Ebola reported in Nigeria as greedy doctor dies of virus in Port Harcourt


I was excited that Nigeria has contained a virus but today's reports reveal the contrary as a new case surfaces in Port Harcourt. A doctor who secretly treated a diplomat, who met with late Patrick Sawyer in Lagos, has died from the virus. Apparently, the doctor was secretly treating the diplomat in a hotel in Port Harcourt. The diplomat survived the virus but the doctor has reported died and the wife is currently ill. His greedy act has also led to about 70 people being quarantined. The hospital, Good Heart Hospital and the hotel has been shut down.

What an act of greed! I will never understand the inhumane things people do in the name of money. I reserve my comment on this doctor. I am just sad that he would have infected his poor wife and other innocent souls who had nothing to do with his unprofessional act. Corruption will continue to destroy us as a people in Nigeria. What exactly was this so called doctor thinking? I don’t know who is worse between him and Patrick Sawyer.
Please remain happy and spread happiness around. Xoxo

No comments: