Thursday, February 12, 2015

"Why you should never tolerate cheating in your relationship"

“Breaking up with your man because he cheated is like changing lanes while driving but you are still driving”. I read this somewhere a few days ago and I got really furious. However, I was interrupted by my own thoughts which reminded me that I once thought that way at some point. I always thought that all men were the same and just had different names; hence, it was okay to tolerate infidelity from one instead of move to the next.
However, I think very differently today. I have come to realise that using that as an excuse to tolerate infidelity is the worst thing you can do to yourself. True, all men cheat they say but that doesn’t make it right though. Unfortunately, the society has normalised this discourse and made us believe that it’s okay to be treated a certain way. You tell your friend that your partner is unfaithful and the response you get is, “If he is taking good care of you then you just have to endure it”. Parents even tell their daughters this! They go as far as telling you that the next man will be worse.
I remember a friend who played that important role in my life. Whenever I would tell her about my relationship and how my partner could not zip his pants, she would listen carefully to me and get really mad at him. Just when I think she will tell me to kick his **s after condemning his act, she’ll just conclude by saying, “but he is a very nice man and treats you well. Above all, he loves you in his own way”. Yoh! I never really understood how cheating on a woman constantly translated to love for my friend. Like seriously? Oh well, she succeeded at the time, because I also thought, rather the devil you know than the angel you don’t know.
However, time taught me that I was making a terrible mistake because instead of the infidelity ending, it was intensifying. Boo thought, “I’ve got her locked down and she ain’t going anywhere so I can keep being a man” (his mistake). Well, that’s how most of them end up thinking. Which is why you should never tolerate it in the first place. Another reason is that you’ll keep hurting yourself and it may eventually lead to a destruction of your self – esteem. Not to mention the fact that he could go out there and buy some STD/I and bring it to you FOC. Trust me you don’t need that as a lady. Please next time you want to tolerate cheating, think again. The fact that all men cheat don’t make it right. I'm just saying. However, if you enjoy being cheated on (bc I know some ladies just love sharing), please keep enjoying yourself.
Anyway, stay happy and spread happiness around. Xoxo.


Photo credit: www.mjemagazine.com  












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At the end of the day everyone has to decide what is the limit for them. Some people can forgive a person if they cheat on them once. Others cannot. At the end of the day, its a personal thing. Like you said, some women don't mind as long as the man takes care of the bills. There is also emotional cheating where you are detached from your spouse and even though you are not sleeping with the other person, you dress up for them and even fantasize it is them when making love. It is a very broad subject- Newyorker