Monday, February 16, 2015

29 year old man hacks 57 year old neighbour to death over generator fumes

Oh my! A 29 year old man identified as Ibrahim Tijani, hacked his 57 year old neighbor Bashorun Okanla to death over generator fumes disagreement. The accused who is currently being detained at the Ogombo police station in the claims that he killed the deceased because he destroyed his generator. Okay, this is part of the dividends of democracy and independence that Nigeria currently enjoys I suppose.
Anyway, according to Punch, on the day of the unfortunate incident, Bashorun Okanla had approached Tijani to complain about the fumes coming out of his generator disturbing him. This led to an argument and eventually the death of one unfortunate person.
Tijani then immediately reported himself to the Ogombo police station where he related his story....
  “On Sunday, I turned on my generator and when Baba Ade (Okanla) asked me to turn it off, I refused. Then he used a stick to hit me and we started fighting. A neighbour came and separated us and asked me to sit down beside him. But Baba Ade still went and destroyed my generator. I became angry and went inside my house and picked my cutlass. I used it on him”.
What a sad incident that could have been avoided if all things were equal! But I guess we may just have to deal with generator fumes and noise till God comes down from heaven to save us. Change or transformation what what…..
Until then, please stay happy and share the happiness with the world. Xoxo


Source: Punch

No comments: