Wednesday, June 10, 2015

"If they don't care, don't waste your time" - by Marshall Goldsmith

 

Life is incredible though! Happy people, how are you all doing? As always thank you for reading. This article was emailed to me and I found it quite useful and said to myself, “I have to share this to my readers because it could be useful to them too. You know how most times we think within us that we can change people? Well, I don’t know if you have ever succeeded but I haven’t. I once met someone who believed women were toys to be played with and I believed I could change him and oh no that was a mission! If people really don’t want to change, they’ll never change and if you are in that zone, you may want to take a few minutes to read this. Enjoy below!

My job is to help people achieve positive, lasting change in behavior. Every once in a while I run across someone who doesn't want to change. What do I do to convince them that the change is good for them?

Nothing!

Have you ever tried to change the behavior of an adult who had absolutely no interest in changing? How much luck did you have with your attempts at this "religious conversion"? Have you ever tried to change the behavior of a spouse, partner or parent who had no interest in changing? How did that work out for you?

My guess is that if you have ever tried to change someone else's behavior, and that person did not want to change, you have been consistently unsuccessful in changing their behavior. You may have even alienated the person you were trying to enlighten.

If they don't care, don't waste your time.


Research on coaching is clear and consistent. Coaching is most successful when applied to people who want to improve -- not when applied to people who have no interest in changing. This is true whether you are acting as a professional coach, a manager, a family member, or a friend.

Your time is very limited. The time you waste trying to change people who do not care is time stolen from people who do want to change.


Changing people who do not want to change is indeed a waste of time! Anyway, please stay happy and share the happiness with the world. Xoxo






Article written by Marshall Goldsmith

Source: http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dont-care-waste-your-time-marshall-goldsmith
Image: google
 

No comments: