Monday, June 8, 2015

Happy, the beautiful man at the gym and her workout


Happy people, I believe you lovelies are having a better time than me. Well, if you are not, just hang in there because it is well. I'm still drowning in books but I hope to take a break soon. I was gono share this story earlier but books got me. To me, it's only a story because I am not a motivational speaker but if you find it inspiring, great! The encounter inspired me though but I'll leave you to make whatever out of the story. Enjoy below... 
It was one of those days where I was over exhausted from so much reading and writing academic essays. My body felt like it had just been through two weeks of farm work. But I knew I just had to get to the gym. If it was the days of no PCOS, I would have probably listened to it and stayed in bed. I miss those days though when working out was just for fun and I could do it sluggishly. Now it is a duty and lifestyle so when the spirit is eager and the body is weak, the body just has to catch up with the spirit. I got out of bed, grumbling like a child who has just been sent to go wash dishes in the middle of a scrabble game with friends. I took longer than normal to get into my gym outfit but I eventually did and headed out.

I made it to the gym just in time for my aerobics class and after a few minutes, I had sweat dripping all over my body and wet clothes that entertained the trainer. I’m sure that’s why the male trainers love aerobics classes anyway. The class ended after an hour and for some reason, I was drunk with energy from nowhere so I said to myself, “hmmm we could do a few more minutes Happy.” You know there are times when you don’t feel yourself in the beginning but when you get into it, you don’t wanna stop? This was one of those times for me.
After a pick and choose game, I settled for the Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer (Stairmaster). I fell inlove with this equipment since my trainer told me, “you should use this machine more often because it works on your whole body and you burn more calories.” A few minutes into my workout, a soothing voice hits me from behind. And the voice did indeed match the face and the body. I turned around and what a sight! It gave me the shivers and I was suddenly cold even while I was sweating. He was a beautiful man with sexy sculpted abs to go with. Just when he got on the equipment next to me and his friend next to him, I increased the speed on my Stairmaster and pushed the pedals faster.
“I can burn 100 calories in 4minuts”, he said to his friend. “Four minutes, 100 calories? He must be a joker”, I mumbled to myself. I was curious and really wanted to see him do it. He went in on those pedals pushing with a speed I have never seen. Oh wait, I once encountered a Chinese dude who had the speed of a cheetah but that was on the treadmill! This was Stairmaster that requires a lot of energy to push and no, I ain’t lazy. That shit (excuse my Latin) is tedious! I peep at his machine and the time read 3.47, calories read 100 and I passed out literally. “How the hell did you do that”? I asked the stud. He turned around and with a smile that almost made me dizzy said, “It’s all about motivation”. “Motivation”? I asked wearing an expression of both shock and surprise on my face. Since that day, I added that phrase to my workout vocabulary and repeat it to myself every time my body wants to play tricks on me. I learnt from that day on that with motivation one can do anything.

And that is the end of my story. Thanks for reading and stay happy. Xoxo

Image Source: google 

No comments: