Wednesday, June 10, 2015

"Beautiful face, ugly attitude", he said walking away in anger



Beautiful happy people, how have you guys been? Once again, thank you for always stopping by and reading my blog. Today I haven't been in such a good mood since I got a phone call confirming my surgery tomorrow. I am super nervous and anxious but I am trying to be strong. Had to write this to distract myself a bit. Anyway, keep me in your prayers and read my story below. Xoxo....
Cape Town sky was finally clear after a long period of freezing temperatures. I heard the weather man on eTV say the cold front was moving out of Cape Town and I couldn’t be bothered about where it was headed. For me, a bit of sunshine was good news. I sat in bed with my legs crossed staring at nothing in an attempt to figure out what to do with this sunshine.

I have been indoors for days not because of the cold weather but because I am that boring as my friends say. “I need to get a bit of fresh air today. “Maybe I should also try retail therapy or some lunch. “Oh no, I am on that liquid diet thanks to PCOS”. All of this breezed through my mind just like strong winds in spring.

I finally settled on leaving the house first and then moving with the wind. During the smooth ride to town, I settled for some shopping. At this time, I was feeling dizzy and starved from days of eating less. My mind did a detour to the days where I could eat anything without having to worry about the calories and it made me sad for a bit. “Happy, we are in town. Where do you want to be?” my friend said to me and that brought me back to reality.

I went into a few shops but the dizziness wouldn’t stop. I ignored my body and kept walking around from one shop to the next. The funniest thing is, you may try to ignore your body as much as possible but it won’t last long. Finding my diet outside my house was going to be a mission I wasn’t willing to undertake so I settled for nandos. I ordered a healthy meal of chicken and salad. 

I really don’t understand why some people have no table manners and why it is a crime for a lady to enjoy her meal in peace. A few minutes into my meal, a young man walked towards me. He was elegantly dressed in a pant that sat nicely on his hips and a blazer that looked like it was solely made for him. On a good day, I would have loved to chat but today was my ‘me’ day. “You look like need company”, he said with his best smile. “A beautiful lady like you can’t be eating by herself”, he continued enthusiastically. I stylishly looked at my phone screen to see if I wore the “I need company look” but no I didn’t. So I continued with my meal without a word hoping he would get the message. No, he didn’t! He persuaded. “You are not only lonely but bitter. “Now I see why you are alone. Beautiful face, ugly attitude”, he said walking away in anger. I couldn’t help but laugh. Please when did it become a crime for a lady to eat alone?

Dear men, I am beautiful, yes. But sometimes, I just wanna eat in peace and observe full table manners. Thank you. Anyway please stay happy and share happiness with the world. Xoxo.


Image source: google



 

No comments: