Friday, November 21, 2014

"Don't judge a book by its size"


After a long semester of hard work, I can finally relax and breathe. What a better way to relax than to read a good book! Yeah a good friend gave me a copy of Chimamanda Adichie's new book, Americanah and I am so enjoying my relaxation I must say!

No, I am not about to write a review on the book because I am still busy with it. However, I will still share something about what the book is doing to me with you all. I love to read and if you know me you are probably tired of hearing this but my love for words can never be overemphasized. I read anything no matter the cover or the size.
Adichie is one African writer that I can never get enough of! I have no clue how she does it but there is something she does to words that keeps me glued to her work; it is in the way she details out every single thing and makes you as a reader feel like you are there as the events unfold. I was already cracking my ribs off and speaking to myself from page one of the book. Now that’s a good book to me.

It is a massive book and the size can be discouraging. My friend said to me, “I would love to read the book but it’s just too big” (lol). I don’t blame her though, I’m sure she is not alone. It is that human thing in us about saying “I can’t” based on what our eyes see even before we attempt anything. We say to ourselves, “oh no I don’t think I can solve that problem because it is too big and it is beyond me”. But how do you even know it is beyond you or it is too big when you haven’t even tried to get closer. I’m a firm believer in actions. My dear friend will miss out on the opportunity of enjoying this great book just because she has limited herself with what her eyes see. My question for you today is what is the big book in your life that you are afraid to open just because of its size? Make an effort to open the book first and I promise you, it will all be worth it in the end.

Please remain happy and spread happiness around while you go out there and make things happen no matter the size. Xoxo 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

inspiring and very motivating Happy, good work.