Saturday, November 22, 2014

Question of the day: Is NYSC beneficial to Nigerian youths?



Happy people, I would love to know from you all if NYSC is beneficial to Nigerian youths. I have always had my reservations about this program since childhood when I would hear about the youths being killed in the north and all sorts. I couldn’t stop asking myself why a young person who has suffered through school without any form of support from the government would be required to serve the same government as a way of giving back. The students suffer and pay their fees alone! What does the government really give to a Nigerian student? They don’t even get the unreasonable allowance on time. Okay, I haven’t served and will most likely not do any youth service but if you have please can you share your experience and how you benefited from it? By the way, the above picture shows a group of youth corpers in River State protesting over nonpayment of allowance. Really now?

Anyway, remain happy and spread happiness around. Xoxo  
 

No comments: