Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday inspiration: "If you don't like it, change it"

 
It’s a beautiful Saturday and the weather is all nice and hot as Cape Town summer or spring, I am not quite sure which one, because this is the only city that you get all the four seasons in one day. Anyway, all I know is that it was a beautiful Saturday so I thought to go window shopping since I had been drowning in my academics all week.

I got ready and headed out to the beautiful and busy Cavendish mall with a friend. We walked around and got into all the shops we could including the ones we knew we couldn’t afford just to make ourselves feel good. Well, we go to the expensive shops in preparation for the future when we can afford it and to console ourselves too. Have you noticed that for some reason, they seem to have nicer and more colourful things? Like exactly what you want?
Well, we finally settled in Truworths, the one we could afford and I decided to try on a few cloths. I made my way to the fitting room all excited like an eight year old girl, who has been given candy, ready to try on the outfits. But guess what! Nothing seemed to fit! I checked to be sure I had the right size and yes I did. “So what is going on?” I asked myself. The answer was right there in the mirror; I had gained weight without even realizing it. Damn! I looked like a ball in the dress. I was put off and left the shop all depressed. My joy was cut short and I felt so helpless.

After a few days of wallowing in my sorrow and annoyance about how much weight I put on, I finally told myself “Happy, you have two choices; either you stay and keep putting on more weight or you get to work”. The work began the following day. I resumed my morning running and Zumba workouts in order to shake the weight off. I feel more happy and good about myself now because the work paid off. I hated the way I looked and knew that it had to change so I got to work. Is there anything you don’t like about your life? Why not do something about it? You can sit and complain and be more depressed, nothing is going to change unless you make the move and only you can make that move. If you don’t like it, change it. And yeah, I went shopping today and I had to be dragged out because I couldn’t stop trying on cloths and they fit just right.

Please remain happy and spread happiness around while you get moving with that change today. Xoxo 


Image: Imgarcade.com

No comments: