Saturday, November 22, 2014

My true life story: There is time for everything in life; time to dream and time to actualize dreams

Life has been really good to me over the past years and God has been consistent in my life too. Today I have decided to share a story board of my journey in the University over the past three years. I have been honoured with four dean’s merit award for outstanding academic performance and it all just goes to prove that hard work is everything.

I have had my fair share of challenges in life, from failing fifth year of high school and dropping out to not being able to afford a tertiary education. All I had was a dream that I would one day have all the education I needed in this life and for one minute, I never let go of that dream. I did everything possible and deprived myself of a lot of vanities in order to actualize that dream.
Yes I walked through Lagos state polytechnic for three years and obtained a diploma but my dream was not still fulfilled. I remember receiving my acceptance letter into the University of the Western Cape and finally feeling that I was close to actualizing my dream. From that moment, I made a personal decision to graduate with nothing less than a first class and today, I can proudly say that in just a few months that goal will be achieved
It hasn’t been an easy journey though and no I am not a genius; I am only human and there has been ups and downs along the way. But one thing kept me going; a clear vision about where I was going. I think it is important to know where you are going in this life and once you have that clear, you can do anything. I have been nicknamed “miss I am studying” and all sorts because that’s the excuse they say I give when I am asked to socialize.

I didn’t even realize I was that bad with hanging out. My thing is, there is time for everything in life and for me these past three years were strictly for my studies. I even lost many friends along the way and I really have no regrets because it was all worth it in the end. Graduating Suma cum laude can only be done once but friends will always be there. My final thoughts to you will be to set your priorities right and always remember that there is time for everything. I got to where I am now with determination, focus and hard work and the reward; a scholarship for postgraduate studies but that is a topic for another post.

Please remain happy and spread happiness around while you bear in mind that there is time for everything in life.    

No comments: