Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"I couldn't believe my eyes"; hard work does get rewarded

I haven’t written anything for such a long time and that is not because I have forgotten how to write or I don’t have what to write about, I have just been overwhelmed with academic work. However, I just couldn’t help writing today because of how I feel. I really need to share this story with the world so my academic work can wait for just a few hours.
I was having breakfast this morning and preparing to leave the house for varsity when I received a life changing email. I heard the phone beep and I checked. It was an email. I almost did not open it because I thought it was one of these promotional messages that I receive every morning. I opened it anyway and it read, “Dear Miss Umana, it is with great pleasure that I inform you that you have been awarded …” (I know you would love me to complete the sentence but I’d rather save it for later) I couldn’t believe my eyes; my heart was beating faster than anything I can think of. I was elated and screamed so loudly that I almost lost my voice.

I am sorry I cannot complete what the email said for now but yes my dream came true this morning and now more than ever, I believe that dreams always come true. When your hard work gets rewarded no matter how long it takes, the feeling cannot be explained. I have come so far in life that when I look back, all I can say is “thank you Jehovah, God of Happy”. I couldn’t have done it on my own and no, it is not luck, it’s the reward of hard work. I am extremely passionate about education and not because I want the highest paid job but to gain knowledge and be a better person.
I am going to end off by saying to all you dreamers out there; don’t let anyone tell you anything different because dreams do come true. Just hold on to that dream and keep working to actualize it because when you least expect it, it will come true. I dreamed of getting a formal education and it came true even though all I had was that dream. Your circumstances can and will never determine who you become and you don’t have to sacrifice your sanity or conscience. Keep dreaming and working towards actualizing your dream while you wait for your reward.
Please remain happy and spread happiness around. Xoxo.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abeg share some with me o- Newyorker

Anonymous said...

You deserve it indeed Happy. Your attitude towards life really inspires me. I hope I get to meet you some day. Congrats.