Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Why should you accept your flaws if you can change them?


I’m so in love with my body and in Mary J’s voice I say, “I like what I see when I'm looking at me when I'm walking pass the mirror”. “Gosh! She’s so vain!” this is what some of my friends think. Others think I am obsessed with fitness, I need to slow down before people think I am sick, men like a little more flesh. Maybe they are right but I really couldn’t care less. This is strictly about me. And with regards to men liking more flesh, that’s really the least of my problems. I am the last woman on earth that cares about what men like and I don’t need any man to ok my actions. There is absolutely nothing wrong with healthy living. Actually. I really think everyone should be part of it. Life is really too short and death is something we cannot control. However, we can definitely control how we live.
Like the saying goes, “if you don’t like something, change it”. Before you say, “beauty is about accepting your flaws”, I’ll say “why should you accept the flaws if you can change them?” Thanks to the very delicious delicacies of Nigeria, my tummy and I became enemies. I love food so much but hate what it does to my tummy. So I decided to review my relationship with food and get active. Damn the result has been amazing!
You know I will never understand the human race. These same friends telling me I’m vain and obsessed with weight loss are the same ones that disturbed my ears about how “fat” I was and how big my tummy was. People will always have something to say and it’s crazy. The most important thing to me is how I feel when I look in the mirror. I would literally go without cloths if I could and yeah it’s that bad! But I think I look better with cloths on (hehehe). And to all those my overzealous friends, I’m just getting started so I suggest you get used to it and relax. If you are making lifestyle changes that involve your weight, please make it about you and what you want. People will always have something to say and you best believe it. All the best with your fitness goals.
Stay happy beautiful people. Xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

True same here am into a diff lifestyle now, some ppl think its crazy but am loving me..........