Friday, October 3, 2014

HUB photo of the day: lack of drainage displaces residents of Warri, Delta State

Happy people, I know this picture might not be new to some of you because you probably see this every day. However, the fact that we see this every day and are used to it does not make it right though. This should not be happening in a country named "the giant of Africa". I can only imagine the loss the residents of this area would have suffered. I don't know which is more annoying, the flood or the fact that the residents actually find this funny? I see the man in one of the picture is smiling about this. Have we become that immune to the circumstances in Nigeria that we laugh when we should be crying? It is sad that this attitude keeps preventing any change. My heart goes out to the residents of this area. Apparently, this is somewhere in Delta State.
Anyway, remain happy and spread happiness around. Xoxo


No comments: