Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Today I want to share my new interest with you all. I have just become interested in the treatment of animals and the environment. This new interest developed after I read J. M. Coetzee's "The Lives of Animals"


THE TANNER LECTURES ON HUMAN VALUES delivered at Princeton University October 15 and 16, 1997. In this piece, Elizabeth Costello put in me some sort of horror about eating animals. I do not intend to make you feel bad about eating animals (meat) or convert you to vegetarianism because I am not a vegetarian myself. I just thought to share my views of this piece with you. She brings out the point that eating meat is like eating a corpse. A corpse!  OMG! Now that is scary. When you imagine that it is actually a dead animal in your dinner plate that you are actually cutting into pieces with your knife, chewing and swallowing, how do you feel? Please share your viewpoints on this with me thanks. Remain happy. xoxo

No comments: