Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Nigerian politicians and immaturity: House Of Reps fight as new PDP meets lawmakers




I stumbled on this during my normal online adventure. I am not really interested in Nigerian politics but I definitely couldn't avoid this. Reading this made me laugh and cry at the same time, I hope it makes you feel different.

It has been reported by Premium Times that a meeting of the House of Reps was disrupted by a fight that broke out between the seven governors of the new Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the members of the House of Representative.
I am not focusing on the cause of the fight but I am disappointed that adults who represent Nigeria and are family heads cannot manage their anger in public but have to resort to the most humiliating way of fighting. What kind of leaders do we have in Nigeria won't you ask? If they are unable to control themselves, how then are they able to rule over a large population like Nigeria?

First it was a political party (PDP) splitting; now they are fighting in public. I weep for Nigeria because if something is not done soon, we'll all be fighting one another on the road. Nigeria needs a serious revolution otherwise we'll continue to have "children" among us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Legislative arm of Government in Nigeria is nothing but a complete disgrace to the nation with such an intellectual endowment. What can we say, if the wise fail to rule certainly they will be ruled by the wisdom of the foolish, tributes to late chief Obafemi Awolowo. This is a lesson to each and everyone of us who doesn't believe in the project called Nigeria. When you allow riff raff to take the mantle of leaderships,the people outside will judge all of us with their attitude. I pray Nigeria will not be a failed nation. Amin.