Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pregnant women, nursing mothers and PG students exempted from NYSC program!



This may be good news to some people but to those passionate about this NYSC business, it’s terrible news. I don’t know how I feel about it. It’s just good to know I can finally avoid this program that I don’t like much.
According to reports, pregnant women, nursing mothers and Post graduate students will no longer be able to take part in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program across the country.
The NYSC DG, Brig-Gen. Johnson Olawumi, said the exemption of people in these categories from service was necessary because they would not be able to undergo the four cardinal programmes of the NYSC, which is mobilisation, orientation, primary assignment and winding-up passing out parade and it doesn’t make sense that they miss these stages of the national service, only to resurface for posting to their various places of primary assignments.
Some people think this new development is a discrimination against women and I will reserve my comment. I have never liked this program especially because the Nigerian government does not support Nigerian students in any remarkable way that I know of. I also don’t get the big deal about it and please don’t say it’s a way of giving back to society because there are other ways to do so. Thank goodness they added one more category to the pregnant women and nursing mothers’ category.
Anyway, stay happy beautiful people. Xoxo




Source: DailyPost

No comments: