Saturday, March 21, 2015

Million dollar question: Why do men in relationships have females as bestfriends?


Whenever I hear a man in a relationship say he has a female as his best friend, I often ask one question, why? I really don’t understand why you would have a girlfriend who is not qualified to be your best friend. Why must a girl other than your girlfriend be your best friend when you can be best friends with a fellow man like you?
It’s unfortunate that some men allow this to cause friction in their relationships. My good friend is currently in this situation. Such a sweet girl with a golden heart but unfortunately in an unhealthy relationship. I call it unhealthy because she is deeply hurt by this situation. The partner claims the other woman is just a friend. They are ‘just’ friends but he’s forever on the phone with the girl, chatting the whole day on Whatsapp, BBM and making long phone calls.


My friend has spoken to him about the situation and he keeps telling her it’s nothing. That don’t seem like nothing to me. He makes plans to hang out with the female friend and lies to my friend about it. If it’s nothing, why the lies? Why can’t they do things together (not that I would even support that BS sef)? She tells me he says she’s insecure whenever she insist he discontinues the 'friendship and I simply can’t believe it. He even flips when the girlfriend dares to read messages from the girl or attempts to answer the call. He would be on the phone to the girl and when the girlfriend coughs, he tells the friend, “someone around me coughed”. Like really? Darling, you better teach him how to respect you or allow him to enjoy his friendship.

This is why I always say many people in this world have no clue about what being in a relationship means and this makes me wonder why they are in one. Why should any man prefer the company of another woman (just friends) to his girlfriend? She should be your best friend and everything not just lover. Well, I would never condone such disrespect. It’s either I’m your everything or your nothing. Finish and klaar! He’s probably cheating with the girl.

Anyway, remain happy and spread happiness around. Xoxo.  

  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, il just sit back and read the comments that would help. Yours truly in need

Anonymous said...

Men have always had female friends and that will not change. By nature we are attracted to each other though not always sexually. This is an extreme case and it is obvious the man is in love with his friend but he and his friend cannot admit it. They know they love each other but don't want to ruin their relationship so they stay as friends. If they get drunk, they will have sex and keep it as a secret. She needs to leave him. No man should be saying 'someone coughed here'. It is a sign of disrespect. Any female friend I have before meeting my woman, will have to become friends with my woman after some years especially if we plan to get married. It just makes everyone comfortable. Truth is the guy values his friend more than his lover. fin- Newyorker

Anonymous said...

The guy is so disrespectful. He clearly has something to hide and d girl needs to decide if she wants to keep hurting or leave. About "someone coughed". Men n their games.